Wednesday, March 16, 2016

March 3rd

Thursday, March 3rd marked the second day of my fourth week and the beginning of the second month of the senior research project. I was now fully acclimated to the lab. I truly enjoyed it and felt at home in the lab.

In the cell culture room, I was able to plate cells for the PC3 clonogenic assay. Dr. Lacombe did part of it, but I was able to do a hefty portion. Though I was significantly slower than Dr. Lacombe, I completed it successful. Along the way there were some slip ups. At times I filled the pipette too much or had to throw away a pipette because it touched something that was not sterile. Even though, I completed it and felt accomplished. In addition, I also had the opportunity to freeze cells and changed the medium in flasks.

All in all, as Dr. Lacombe gives me more opportunity to complete tasks in the lab I become more confident and comfortable with lab work.

No comments:

Post a Comment