Friday, April 29, 2016

Time flies when you're having fun!

As the senior project ends and my senior year comes to an end, I'd like to say congrats, thank you and till next time.

Congrats to all the seniors on getting through senior year, the research project, and going to college. These are all amazing achievements. Though my presence on your blogs has been scarce, I have been read little bits here and there when I can and they amaze me every time. You are all truly gifted people and will do amazing things in the years to come. 

Thank you to BASIS Phoenix, Ms. Anderson, Ms. Pajtas, Ms. Q, Dr. Lacombe, Dr. Zenhausern, my fellow seniors, my parents and anyone who helped with this project. This has been a truly amazing experiencing and I am glad that I participated. My knowledge and interest in bio medical engineering and oncology have greatly increased and my determination to achieve my goals and make an impact in this field has as well. The results of the study have been pleasing. We can conclude that there is a difference between single and fractionated dose radiation therapy. This conclusion allows the lab to expand research to a large screening. They will be conducting a proteomic and genomic assays once the cells have been irradiated. This will not occur until June. 

Till next time. If all bodes well, I hope to continue research (maybe in the same lab) over the summer and into college, so I will not be saying good bye to interning and my white lab coat any time soon. To all the seniors and BASIS Phoenix, there is still one month left so the times for goodbyes is not now. 

All in all, I have thoroughly enjoyed this opportunity and am thrilled that I took it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment